Monday, December 31, 2012

reason to die

I look around, it's about time
From around the corner comes my sunshine
She walks around with her head bowed down
I know she feels lonely in this crowded town.

She looks at me, she gives me a smile
A smile that never really reaches her eyes
I see her clinging on to her books so tight
I can see how much she is weeping inside

I see her eyes are red from crying all night
Her wet pillow must even cringe in fright
She holds her her heart so tight, it withers
A love song play and she feels the jitters

She knows not I love her so truly
I can pick up the pieces and fix her up duly
I can calm her soul down, I can give her the peace
If not teach her to love, push her to trust at least

What was once a garden of daisies
What shone brighter than the stars at night
I can't tell you what's become of it now
It's all a very pitiful sight

It's like she's trying to kill her soul,
Nurturing the ugly big dark hole
But I try and I try
To see that twinkle in her eye
And one day she'll see my love for her
And lose all the reasons to die

No comments:

Post a Comment