Wednesday, August 29, 2012

chessboard (song)

Standing in the white space
Baby, I'm a blackhead
Round on the top
They like to call me Ted

I se you everytime leaning on to the bishop
Trying to catch my glimpse from behind the pawn..

I see you and i know it from the twinkle in your crown
I'll come and get you one day now come on lose the frown

I will take a while though 
The rook is on my watch now
You be in your fortress
The king will save you somehow

Baby you're a braveheartI know I am just a pawn
The rooks and knights make fun of me
And I'm looked down upon
But the twinkle in your crown gives me strength to go on

I'll skip the knight's hop and skip
I'll hide from the bishop's tricks

I'm taking the leap and I'm coming for you
The rook is glaring at me
But there's nothing he can do

I am just a pawn baby
I don't know if I'll see the dawn baby

I don't have a plan bu I'm getting closer
I look around and there are no signs of danger
In a few steps here i am right in front of you

I can become a hero, I can smash the king down
I see the horror in his stance
Yes I see it now
But i don't want to be a hero on the battlefield
To be the twinkle of your crown
Is what my heart needs

So I have to bring you down
I have to do it now

I bring you down and you go rolling in the sea
The king gives me his best hit 
And rolls me down with theee
And finally we meet 
Finally it's all over

I was just a pawn baby
But now I'm the twinkle of your crown baby

No comments:

Post a Comment